Friday 20 May 2011

Initial research pages




These 3 initial research pages focuses mainly in connecting the shapes found in Tudor costume with shapes in Cubism. In picking out and highlighting the shapes, I will incorporate them in my designs.


During a trip to the Design Museum, I found shapes on exhibited objects that relate to my project and I've used it to link in with the Tudor aspect. The shapes are minimalist and abstract and could also be used to create silhouettes.




In these 2 research pages, I have tried to convey cubism by cutting up and re-arranging the Tudor images in an abstract, cubist way. Also, through a book I have called "Textile Designers at the Cutting Edge"- Bradley Quinn, I have found a designer, Shelly Fox, who created the two white dresses above, which seem very cubist and relevent to my research. I particularly like how the same pattern piece drape many times over one side of the dress and how collar lines and pockets are at unusual places.

No comments:

Post a Comment